Tuesday, August 4, 2015

June 29, 2015

iHola desde Milton Freewater!

      iPuedo hablar espanol otra vez! So ya, my Spanish is a bit on the rusty side, but its ok! Because I'm in a Spanish area again! Hispanics are so much nicer than white people.... its been in the 100s here the past couple of days and kinda humid, and the majority of hispanics I have met, offer bottled water, soda, ice cream, or something! White people just complain. The hispanic culture is so loving and friendly. Most of them don't have a whole lot, but what they do have, they give willingly with a smile on their face. They love talking to anyone who will listen, especially about God. If you walk up to a random white person and start talking to them, most of them will look at you weird, but hispanics love it! I dont catch 100% of what they say, but I can tell that they are passionate about what they are. I can usually get the general idea of what they are saying since I can understand my companion's Spanish.

       We are teaching a lady named Zoila, and in the middle of the lesson, she goes "Actually, I'm pretty sure I was baptized into this church when I was 16 and in El Salvador!" , but we can't find her records... so she has to be baptized again! So that will be fun explaining to her haha. And Yesterday, we were teaching a couple Emilio and Horina. In the middle of the lesson, he gets up and starts "baptizing" me... it was really weird...

   On the plus side, one day Hna. R had to go to the bathroom, so we went to the church. While we were there, I saw a couple that I knew in Walla Walla!, but they were in a meeting.... so I didn't interrupt and it made me sad I couldn't say hi. Afterwards, we wen't to a lesson, then she said she had to go to the bathroom again, so back to the church we went! As we were leaving the second time, the meeting got out and I got to see the couple I knew! It made me so happy :) I know this sounds weird, but the fact that I am here, in the Walla Walla stake, speaking Spanish is a testimony builder to me that my Heavenly Father knows and loves me. He knows how much speaking Spanish and Walla Walla means to me, so He combined the two! I know that He loves me :)

    Church was fun! I love the sacrament prayer in Spanish, it sounds so pretty! Well I gotta go, love you all!

Con Amor,
Hermana Rebekah Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment