Tuesday, August 4, 2015

July 20, 2015

iHola desde Muddy Frogwater!

     Nothing really super exciting happened this week. We got to do a lot of community service. which was awesome! Twice a week we help out with the rehabilitation center and help the elderly with BINGO and stuff like that. Old people are so funny! There's this one old guy who has a horrible memory and hearing and this is pretty much how our conversation goes every single time:
Me: "Hey Lonny, how are you today?!"
Lonny: "I'm doing alright... hey... what's your name, again?"
Me: "Sister Williams!"
Lonny: "What?"
Me: "Sister Williams!!"
Lonny: "Ginger Lee?"
Me: "... Yes, Lonny..."
Lonny: "You'd think I would remember... but I will next time!"
... he never remembers... oh well! Once you get to a certain age, you can pretty much say and do whatever you want! Then there's always the ones who fall asleep or blurt out"Uno!" while playing BINGO... fun times!

    In Athena (A super small town kinda by me) they are restoring an old movie theater so we got to help a couple times this week! We did everything from sorting giant piles of bricks to making cement and filling holes in the wall. The head guy is super weird and crazy. He was explaining how to mix the cement then out of nowhere he looks up, stops, and says "I think that old guy in the scooter is a spy!" or he tells us how he met a lady who poisons animals and then tried to poison him because he found out... he was really weird.... funny though! So I have been super sore and tired like all week from doing construction stuff.

     Oh ya, guess what?! I hit my year mark! AAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm an oldie now :/ I don't want to be at my year mark! I'm still trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing! I don't want to go home... My year mark was nothing special. We did service in Athena, then after dinner, I felt nauseous so I spent the rest of the day feeling like I was going to hurl. So that was fun... It's weird to think I have been on my mission for a year, but it's also weird because being home seems like forever ago...

Well, I gotta go, peace!

Con Amor,
Hermana Rebekah Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment