Tuesday, August 4, 2015

July 27, 2015

iHola desde Milton Freewater!

    Hey guess what! I'm NOT getting transferred!!! Apparently, the Walla Walla stake is the only place I can actually stay! I'm ok with that though, its my favorite :) and a couple that I found and taught when I was in Walla Walla are getting baptized on Saturday! And I get to go!!!... hopefully... their baptism has been post-poned like 3 times now.  Well, they have 6 more weeks to pull it off! I'm so happy I get to stay :)

     This week for service, the city decided to build a "community gathering place", so I got to do more construction! I put it in quotes because its not big enough for an entire community and it is literally right next to the high school, so it will probably be a hang out for high schoolers. Then again, it is Milton Freewater, so it might be big enough for the community. So my hands are super dry and I'm super sore from all of this, but hey! I love community service! And I got to wear jeans almost everyday :) That's just an added bonus ;)

     On Tuesday, we were literally on our feet for 3 hours! We had 4 lessons from talking to people and trying by people, but they were all on the door step so we were still on our feet. We were super exhausted and decided it was finally time to leave. 4 lessons in 3 hours in and of itself is a miracle! but, as we were walking to the car, we saw a man sitting on his porch, so we went to go talk to him. His name is Alvaro and he has like the deepest voice I have ever heard in my entire life! He is also very big for an hispanic. Anyway, we had a very awesome lesson with him. He believes Christ to be the Savior of the world, but he doesn't understand what that means to him on a personal level. We shared the Restoration and bore testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ coming to Joseph Smith and restoring the same church that Christ established when he was here. Then we put him on date to be baptized on August 15th! :) 3 hours on the feet definitely pay off!

    Thousands and thousands of miracles happen everyday! We just have to open our eyes and hearts to see them. Today I was reading in the Book of Mormon when the Lord is prophesying the Americas to be the promise land and all the blessings and liberties that we have. It made me think of all the blessings that I have and I take for granted a lot of them. We have to open our eyes as well to our blessings and be grateful for them! Love you all!

Con Amor,
Hermana Rebekah Williams 

No comments:

Post a Comment