Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8, 2015

Hello from Yakima!

     This week has been SSSOOO long!!! But this transfer has gone by super fast! On Saturday, we find out if we are being transferred which determines which mission we will be in! Our mission is splitting from the Kennewick mission to the Kennewick AND the Yakima missions! Pretty much no one wants to go to the Yakima mission haha. Obviously, I will go where the Lord sends me. This transfer has been very challenging, I'm not going to lie, but it is a good break from tracting all day everyday! 

      We finally went on exchanges this week! I love going on exchanges! I have been waiting all transfer to go! The opportunity to be companions with one of your leaders to learn, grow, and get advice. I have some pretty awesome sister training leaders! The one I was with was born in Mexico so I got to use mi espanol :) We also met a guy who only spoke Spanish so I finally had a Spanish lesson! It was also super cool. We were walking down the street and we see this lady so we went over to go talk to her. She said she met with missionaries before and she wasn't interested, didn't want anything to do with the Book of Mormon, just completely shutting us down. As she was going back inside her house, we asked her if she new anyone who could use a message of Jesus Christ. As she was pointing to her neighbor she said "We got in a fight with them the other day. They could use Jesus!" (It's funny how easily people push their neighbors under the bus) So she went inside and we went to knock on her neighbor's door. As we were standing there, the same lady comes back outside and says "Actually, can you do me a favor?... Can you pray for me? I have been praying for peace in my life and I know God sent you here to give me peace." (Its also funny how easily people come running when they need something.) So we prayed with her then she went on to say how the other day there was a swarm of bees that was only at her house, but she didn't feel panicked at all. She knew it was from God. Then every morning she wakes up with new scratches on her and she says their from Satan. So obviously, something is wrong in her life! Definitely going back. Exchanges are awesome though! They are always miracle-filled.

       Summer has officially started here! There was high school graduation, and it got up to 105 degrees... I felt like I was in the green Arizona (if that exists). I liked it though. Wasn't a fan of it being fast Sunday without a car though (we share a car). So walking everywhere without food or water in 105 degrees wasn't the highlight of my day, but I still enjoy the heat. :) Yes, I know I'm weird.

      For the first time like ever, I finished my email early! Nothing really all that amazing happened this week besides that. So since I have time to spare, I would like to share my testimony with all of you since it was fast Sunday yesterday!

      I know that this church is true. I would not be 900 miles away from home if I didn't. I am grateful for Joseph Smith and for everything that he endured for all of us so we can have the fullness of the everlasting gospel on the Earth. He translated the Book of Mormon using the power and authority of God and it is the word of God. Through Joseph Smith, the priesthood has been restored. The power and authority of God to act in His name for the salvation of his children and I am grateful for all the priesthood holders in the world. Christ is the literal Son of God and the Savior of the world.

       I love you all and have a great week!
Con Amor,
Hermana Rebekah Williams


Walla Walla Street in Yakima

No comments:

Post a Comment