Monday, June 15, 2015

June 15, 2015

Hello from... YAKIMA!!!!!

   So as you can tell...I didn't get transferred... which means I am now in the Yakima mission and still speaking the white-man-language. So my mission president lied to me... I'm still in an English area! Now I will spend at least half of my mission in an English area and I now have twice as many English transfers as Spanish... iQue en el mundo!... I think God forgot that I'm an hermana... not really, God has a better memory than an elephant!

On Saturday, we got kicked out of out bishop's house because their sons are getting too old (mission rule) and moved in with the Spanish sisters (:D) until we can move in with our ward mission leader in a month... apparently, I'm not getting transferred, but I still have to move around a lot... figures... My plan for when I meet my new mission president is to make it super obvious that I am a Spanish missionary. I wont have a new mission president if I get emergency transferred back to Walla Walla before July... hmm...

     Whenever I get worried or overwhelmed about being English or whatever the case may be is, all I have to do is repeat to myself a quote from Joseph Smith called 'My Missionary Commission' 

   "I am called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the Earth. By revelation, I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master, and He has chosen me to represent Him. To stand in His place to say and do what He himself would say and do if He personally were administering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice. My acts are His acts. My doctrine is His doctrine. My commission is to do what He wants done. To say what He wants said. To be a living, modern witness, in word and in deed of the divinity of His great and marvelous latter day work. How great is my calling!"

... sounds about right. Think that about sums up what a missionary is. Or there is: "It doesn't matter where you serve, but WHY you serve" - Pres. Spencer W. Kimball. "Peace be unto you, my servant [Rebekah] for thine afflictions be but a small moment. An if thou endureth it well, it will be well with you" -God to Joseph Smith. Aren't latter day prophets the best?

    On Thursday, we did some yard work for service. I asked to borrow a rake and they said ' that rake would be too heavy for me' and gave me a different one... so I grabbed the heavier rake and started working my butt off. I have lived with too many boys for too long to accept something is too heavy for me. I also learned to use a drill and built our bunk bed in our new apartment. Don't tell me I can't do something! I am too stubborn and will just prove you wrong. I did get super sunburned though. It got into the 100s here and we were doing yard work for like 3 or 4 hours. And now I have my gnarly watch tan back... WHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Well, I gotta go, peace!

Con amor,
Hermana Rebekah Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment