Monday, September 15, 2014

Meeting the Devil Cat


iHola de East Wenetchee! (they get offended if you only say Wenatchee)


     Dude... I have been out for 2 months! How the heck did that happen? Time really does fly by and I heard it only gets faster. This week has been... interesting... no panic attacks so thats always good!

      Talked to a couple drunk guys so that's always fun. I can understand them a little because they are more animated. And they are missing like half their teeth. We also found a devil cat. One day at like around 7 at night we had an appointment at this really sketchy area called Entiat. Our appointment fell through so we tracted back to the car because it was a half hour drive and that would be a waste of gas if we just went back. We got to this one house that was pretty beat up looking with a lawn that was serious need of a hair cut and it had a cat on the porch. That cat was the freakiest thing on the face of the planet... We went to knock on the door, but the cat wouldn't let us go past it and it was giving us the legitimate stink eye! Squint and everything! It was meowing at us and pacing back and forth along the porch. No one answered the door so I tried to knock again but the cat brought its claws out! Eventually we got freaked out and started to walk away, but it followed us. It was following us and meowing at us super loud. We got to the next house and it backed off. There wasn't a women home so we talked to the man in the front yard. I look over my shoulder and there was the cat again! About 100 feet away just sitting there, glaring at us. Then I look at the window next to cat and there's a dog staring at us from the inside. I look back 10 mins later and the cat wasn't there any more so I thought it finally backed off, then I turn back around then the stupid thing crawls out from under the car! It paces between Hma K and I while still giving us the evil eye. It goes by the man we were talking to and jumps up in the air for no reason. We asked him if it was his cat and he said no and that he has no idea where it came from. It comes and sits right in front me and gets in the pouncing position while still giving me the evil eye. Then it goes by Hma K and does the same thing. She tried not to pay much attention to it because she was teaching but I get distracted really easily so I couldn't not pay attention to it. It comes back over by me and gets in the pouncing position again, it stands up on its back legs, puts its front paws on my laps, and inches its head towards mine while giving me the evil eye. Stares at me for a couple seconds, then goes back down. It paced between the two of us for a while and occasionally took its claws out. Eventually it was starting to get dark so we used that as an excuse to leave but that cat was so freaking creepy! We went back to Entiat yesterday to an appointment. When we walked by that house, that same cat was there. It jerked its head up and just watched us go by. When we were done with our lesson it was dark and the streets don't have street lights (told you it was sketch). We could barely see a thing. I will be the first to admit that I was pretty scared. Both of us got a feeling of safety though. We could feel His arms around us and knew nothing bad was going to happen. The Lord takes care of his missionaries! We probably would of been clawed to death by that devil cat!

       Trailer parks are where we find most of the Hispanics. We found this one old guy the other day that I think just wanted to talked. He talked for 2 AND A HALF HOURS STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We missed 2 appointments just by him talking and oh my gosh it was so hard to stay focused! The fact that we were in his giant garden didn't help... and it had butterflies...
        I love getting to know people's stories. It's so interesting to see how the Lord prepares people. We were walking back to our car and a guy in a car rolls down his window and calls us over. He said he really needs Jesus right now and asked if we have anything he could read. So we gave him 3 pamphlets and a Book of Mormon. That should hold him for a while. I love you all and I love this Gospel. Hope all is well and thank you all for all of your love and support!

-Hermana Rebekah Williams

One of the bridges over the Columbia River
 la Iglesia
 the bedroom
the kitchen.  Something is missing.  The dishwasher!  So all of our dishes have to be washed by hand.  We all know how much I love doing dishes...............

Oh ya! We are going to the temple next Tuesday (:D) so that will become my Pday. So don't freak out if I don't email next Monday. If I don't, I will on Tuesday. Anywhoo... I love you SSSOOO much! I love you more than words can describe and I am so thankful I get to call you my Mother. You are an inspiration to me and I pray for you guys everyday. Love you and hope you have a fantastic week!!

(Mom's notes)
I got a letter from Rebekah today and thought I'd share a little, because it answered some of the things I have been wondering about!

"I don't have a problem speaking Spanish, I just have no idea what they are saying.  For exercise in the morning, we just go on a run.  Well, she goes on a run and I go on a job.  She's not that bad.  Her hard, uncomfortable pace is my nice easy pace.  One day in the MTC, Hma B decided to go on a run with me...she didn't like me too much that day.

This is my schedule:
6:15 wake up
6:30 run
7:00 shower/eat/get ready
8:00 personal study
9:00 companion study
10:00 language study
11:00 lunch/nap time
12:00 training (for the first 12 weeks)
1:00 proselyte
5:00 dinner
6:00 proselyte
9:00 go home/plan
9:30 get ready for bed
10:30 lights out

As you can tell, nap time is much needed.  Nap time is just something we do.  So glad we do!  We got a GPS from a pair of Elders since we didn't know where anything was, but it can't find a satellite so it doesn't work very well.  We haven't missed anymore appointments but we have been late though.  Hispanics don't care.  By saying "horaita" (right now) literally means in 10 minutes to them.  We have showed up 45 minutes late before because we got lost and the lady didn't care at all.  In that lesson, we were about to ask her to be baptized, but then her super drunk husband came home and started watching some super inappropriate show on TV.  So I'm like "OK,... spirit=GONE!" Oh well.  There is always next lesson!"

No comments:

Post a Comment