Monday, September 1, 2014

from the CCM to Washington!


iHola de Washington!

   So many things have happened its ridiculous! On Monday, my companion and the other Hmas in my room left at 2 in the morning so I was put in with another girl whose companion left too. We went to my morning class with Hmo Soto so I could give him one more super awesome high five (pretty sure I almost broke his hand) then we went to her afternoon class.Tuesday was a mess! I had to wake up at 1:30 in the morning (!!!!) and be at reception at 2, the bus left at 2:30, got to the airport at 3, flight left at 6 with a 2 and a half hour flight, 4 hour lay over in Dallas. I couldn't call home because the CCM president said that we should only call home on Mother's Day and Christmas and they kept changing what gate my flight was! So frustrating! Then I had a 3 and a half hour flight to Seattle with a 2 hour layover. Then a 45min flight to Pasco. It was so small and short that it was in a plane with propellers (it was really cool!!) Pres. Ware was there to greet us. He's a really big guy! His hand shakes are so firm I feel like my hand is going to break when I shake it. He's the nicest guy in the world though! We spent the night at his house (it was HUGE!!) then in the morning we got to meet our companions and where we are going. I'm in East Wenatchee with Hermana Kolste. We cover two areas. Both are huge. There's a area that speaks some weird dialect of Spanish (luckily Im not there) and that took about all day. All day flying on Tuesday and all day in a car on Wednesday.
     We got doubled in (both of us are new to the area) so neither of us know where any thing is. So we were lost all of the first two days. We had appointments set up but we couldn't make it to any of them because we had no idea how to get there. We were able to get around on Saturday though and met some pretty amazing people!
    Sunday was hard. No idea what anyone was saying. I know all of it was about Family History though! We have Sunday school first, then RS, then sacrament meeting. Pretty sure our primary is bigger than my entire ward. There is less than 50 people (including kids). In sacrament meeting, this one guy spoke for 40 minutes! It was so hard to stay awake 1.) it was 40mins! I would have a hard time focusing even if it was in English 2.) it was in Spanish and 3.) I was extremely tired already. I didn't fall asleep though so that was good. Hope all is well! I'll up date more about my living situation and stuff later!

-Hermana Rebekah Williams

(P.S I underestimated how long I had to write and how much I needed to so I will write a letter and please use that info too in the blog)

Mom's notes:  I was able to email back and forth with her for a few minutes.  In addition to the above, I found out that she is living at a member's house and because their area is so large, they have a car. As far as I can tell, she is HAPPY and very busy!

CCM district with branch presidents

first area: East Wenatchee


Washington selfie!
incoming missionaries to the WKM 8/26/14
with President and Sister Ware

No comments:

Post a Comment