Monday, May 11, 2015

April 27, 2015



Hello from Walla Walla!

      What a week?! I'm still coughing all the time, so I went to the doctor :P he said my bronchial tubes were irritated so he gave me some heavy duty cough syrup with codeine in it (horrible stuff!) that I have to take every 4 hours and an antibiotic that I was suppose to take for 5 days... they didn't work. On Thursday, my cough got worse. I couldn't last more than 3 minutes without coughing and they sounded worse and deeper. So we had to come home at 2:30 because its not like I could be coughing like that at someone's doorstep... Friday wasn't much better. It was actually worse... I am a Williams and we always get all the side-effects for medication. Whoo... Which in this case is dizziness (which I got every time I stood up) and drowsiness. I have not been hungry the past 2 weeks and this week, no food whatsoever ever sounded appetizing. Starting on Friday, when I did eat, I felt like I was going to throw up and sometimes when I coughed, I felt a sharp pain in my lungs. We texted the doctor (he's in our ward) to ask him if it was normal. His response was "Burning in the chest is never normal"... super it said it might be a little pleusy (whatever that means!) So I asked my zone leaders for a blessing on Friday night. So that should help. It was super weird saying and hearing my whole name... This week has been the most I have heard my first name in a long time! My forehead was strangely cold, but my cheeks were hot, it was weird... We had dinner at the doctor's house on Sunday. Him "How's the cough?" me "still here" him "did the cough syrup help at all?" me "nope!" so he said he will prescribe me something else :P

        A couple days ago, we were walking down the street and we see an older man going outside from his house so I say hi, he didn't hear me, so Sister B asked him how he was doing then he says "iHola!" so my response was "OOO Spanish!!!" So I ran over to talk to him. He kept asking the same 4 questions and saying the same things over and over again (you could tell he was drunk). He also made like a spanking motion a couple times.... I didn't pick up on it the first 2 or 3 times. Finally, he said we were his little friends and he loves us then made the spanking motion again and just stared at me and said "Si?"  I started at him for a couple seconds, then it clicked "NO!!!!!" then we walked away. Poor Sister B goes "What happened?" "You don't want to know" "Tell me" "Sister, I promise you, you don't want to know!" "Just tell me!" so I told her... Hey! I warned her! Creepy, gross, drunk, old, Hispanic man!

         On a positive note, when I was on exchanges a couple weeks ago, we met a man named Julio, up until this week, we haven't been able to meet with him. On Saturday, it was about 8:30 at night and we still had 30 minutes before we could go home. We already ran through all our plans and back-ups and everything so we were pretty much walking around aimlessly hoping to be prompted as to what to do. So I say "We could try to set up an appointment with Julio?" So we go to his house and opens the door and immediately invites us in. His wife wasn't home so we talked to him outside. He was just rambling on then he wife pulls in so we went inside. As soon as we started talking about the restoration, he shut up and started listening! Him and wife are super cool! They were asking the perfect questions and giving the perfect responses! So now they are 2 new investigators! Yay!!! And some of her family members are Mormon! 

      You remember Jose from a while ago? Well we ended up dropping him a while ago but yesterday, we took the lady out with us who use to take him to church when he was little and she goes "How about we go visit Jose?" so we did. It was like a mini family reunion! He opened the door and went right up to her with a big ol' hug! They were talking, catching up, it was awesome! So we are going to start teaching him again! Hopefully, I can control my cough this week! Hope you all have a great week!

Con amor,
Hermana Rebekah Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment