Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Feliz Navidad!




iFeliz Navidad de Kennewick!
   So its that time of year again! Where everyone runs around like a chicken with its head cut off at the mall to find the perfect gift for everyone. Where everyone goes bankrupt. The time of year that everyone saves up for then blows it all within a week. Well this Christmas, I'm not going all out on the presents (mainly because missionaries have no money). I will be giving out a present to everyone I come in contact with. A present that was already paid for 2000 years ago. I will be giving the gift of Christ to those who need Him. He is the Gift. (If you have not yet seen it or shared it someone, I highly recommend doing so.) He is the reason for the season, as well as every day of our lives. Without Him, there would be no reason for us to be here. I won't be getting fat off of sweets and desserts on Christmas Eve. On Wednesday, I will be out, spreading the word of God. Giving my brothers and sisters what I have, and they don't. Going out to work for those Christmas Miracles!!!!!!

    This is the time of year where we need to remember Christ the most. I have met several children who do not know why we actually celebrate Christmas, that is sad. In Spanish, m`as (with the accent over the A) means "more". So, Christmas, literally means "More Christ". I invite all of you to make a conscious effort this week to remember the Savior at all times. Serve someone else. Remember why we celebrate Christmas and what the Savior means to you. 

    I wish I could be with you this week, but I can't. There will be other Christmases. I know it will be extremely hard, but I know this is where I need to be. Stoked to talk with my family though! I love you all and I wish you a muy Feliz Navidad!!!!
-Hermana Rebekah Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment