Monday, November 24, 2014

Ephrata

iHola de Ephrata!

      This week has been busy busy busy busy... BUSY!!!!!!! One story I would like to share about good old Wenatchee:
      On Tuesday, Sister Bledsoe and I were knocking doors. This one super old guy opened the door.
Us "Hi Sir, how are you this evening?"
Him "Fine. Who are you and what do you want?!"
Us "Well, we are missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter -Day Saints and we are-"
Him "Who?!"
Me "Mormons"
Him "Oh... well my wife died 3 years ago"
Us "?... Oh no! we are so sorry to hear that. Is there-"
Him "How's your love life?"
Sis. B "Right now it is dormant because as missionaries we take 18 months off to serve the Lord"
Me "...Non-existant"
Him "Well I married my youngest brothers wife"
Sis B "Oh... well that's nice. I'm sorry Sir, what's your name?"
Him "Pretty Boy Floyd! What's yours?"
  Needless to say, it was a very interesting conversation. Especially when his 30 year old wife pulled up. Good old Wenatchee!

     Wednesday was super crazy! Luckily, Ephrata is only an hour away from Wenatchee. So once I got there, unpacked, and got settled in and such it was probably about 1 so my new companion (Hna. Mrozek) took me to meet the only active family in our group (that's right, not a ward. Not a branch... a group... with only one active family). 

     On Friday, we had the amazing privilege of going to Wenatchee (:D) because Elder Mervyn Arnold from the 70's came to Wenatchee on a mission tour. He is quite the intimidating man. Not goin' lie, he kinda scared me. He pretty much rebuked us hard core and called us all to repentance. Pretty much made me feel like a horrible missionary and like I had no idea what I was doing. BUT he gave us some awesome advice and we are stoked to use it to become the best representatives of Jesus Christ we can become. They fed us Cafe Rio and Costco cake for lunch so even better! When it was all over, we went outside to go to the car... and it was SNOWING!!!!!!! Of course, as soon as I leave Wenatchee... it starts to snow. It was the first time it started to snow and it melted when it hit the ground, but still. and Ephrata doesn't snow, like ever. 

    Ephrata hasn't had a baptism in years, yet again, neither has Wenatchee and I had 2 people on date when I left. Entonces... going to go put people on date! Just like Alma. He was turned down day after day with no luck whatsoever, but the Lord made him go back and gave him Amulek! Hna. Mrozek has been here 3 transfers now with no luck and now she has me! Going to go baptize Ephrata!

    Sorry for the short and boring letter. I have to email at a library that only gives me an hour to email instead of an hour and a half. Hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving!
-Hermana Rebekah Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment