Tuesday, July 29, 2014

P-Day #2!!!!!!!!!!!

Hola para México!!!!!!!!!!
    I got your cupcakes the day after I emailed you! There was no way the 4 of us were going to finish them before they got bad. There are 12 people in my district and there were 12 cupcakes so I decided to share. The rest of my district are boys and you should of seen how fast everyone got up when I said the word "cupcake"!! There is this one elder that reminds me of the boys. He is a big football player from Murrieta and he is always complaining how hungry he is. He snacks on protein bars all the time, and he literally shoved the entire cupcake in his mouth in one bite! All the elders say thank you fyi!
   I forgot to tell you something last week. On the first Friday, I got an allergic reaction to something. Hma Bittle said she started to notice it Friday night but on Saturday I woke up and it looked like I had a million tiny little zits ALL OVER MY FACE!!!!!! It felt like sand paper when I touched it. Im fine now. I washed my face 3 times a day and I was completely clear by Tuesday or Wednesday. No idea how it happened.
   On Thursday, our water got shut off. It just got turned back on last night. We had to go to another casa to shower and go to the bathroom by our classroom to use the bathroom and brush our teeth... it wasnt fun. And the CCM campus is 90 achores big. But an elder did say something that is totally a David quote: "knowledge is know a tomatoe is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a salad!" (shout out to you David!)
 On Friday, Hma Bittle and I were waiting to talk to Gabriel and 2 elders from my district convinced us not to use the notes that we prepared. They said that the Spirit will be waqy stronger and will propt us what to say. So we didnt use them... ya it didnt go very well. Since Im the one teaching Hma Bittle spanish and she didnt have her notes, I was basically the one talking. in the moment, it felt horrible. I thought I felt something but apparently it was just nerves. Looking back, it wasnt that bad and you will never believe what hapeened!! I WAS THE POSITIVE ONE! She was mopeing all day saying how horrible it was and I was the positive one! we came to class on Saturday only to find out that Gabriel is how teacher... luckily. We asked him if he understood anything we said and his response was "... uh..." which means "no" But he did say that he understood what we were trying to teach in the other lessons though!
    So I found out why they say to write a talk everyweek! They call on you randomly in sacrament meeting... to give a talk... all in spanish... without any warning... at all! Besides that... Sundays are the best!!! In a way I feel like Dad. Starting at 8:30 I have lessons and meetings ALL DAY!!! from 8:30-6:30 (minus meal breaks) I have back to back meetings and lessons. Very exhausting but totally worth it!! This week we watched several short films for our Sunday movie. The first one was about the story of the first Sister Missionary (very cool), the second one was called  "Only a Stone-carver". It was about a man who walked 20 miles everyday to work on the SLC temple for 20 years! Then He was milking his cow and got kicked by it and had to get his leg amputated; and still continued the 20 mile walk everyday!!!!!! Talk about faith and dedication!! The third one was my favorite! "Faith in Christ"" pretty sure I have seen it before but it is still by favorite! Some elders a few rows back were being really loud and disruptive during the first two, but when the second one started, the Spirit was so strong and they calmed down and didnt say a peep during the third one!! It was so awesome!!!!
     Yesterday was probably the best day yet! We started teaching our new investigator, Juan José. I didnt bring a pre-written script like I did before. I brought a couple notes that had certain words on it in case I forgot them. It was so awesome though! We were both able to understand what he was saying and answer his questions. Even if we didnt plan on those subjects being brought up! Then the best thing ever happened! HE COMMITED TO BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ON THE FIRST VISIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hma Bittle asked the baptism question then I was suppose to finish the last part. She asked and then he said yes!! I was so in shock it took me a couple seconds to realize it! So I just sat there for a couple seconds before I finished the invitation. But he said YES!! August 23rd! A couple days before I leave! I realized I look at the floor a lot. Like one time I realized I was just staring at his shoes while I was talking or at the construction next door... Should probably work on that. But he said yes!!!!!
 I have to break and give a shout out to Dad : Theres an elder playing the piano next door and he´s playing that one Charlie Brown song you like to play!
    I feel like Im living with your sisters. (One girl) farts a lot and then giggles about it. Like everyone was saying their prayers one night and then she farts and starts laughing. Or she will fart in the casa and say "I tooted!!" and start laughing. They also announce their periods and one time (someone) had to go to the bathroom and was telling me that she was so constipated and was telling me about her poo. So ya, I am basically living with your sisters.
    You can send me pictures. Dad sent me one of Fritz and I was able to see it. Last P-Day we all went back to the casa after emailing and everyone was balling for an hour. I cried but I wasnt loud about it. The food is getting better. Another reason why Tuesdays are my favorite!!  Every Tuesday we have pizza! I was expecting it to be all greasey and hand made but it was Costco!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the best!
    I just sent you letter mail today so you should get it in like two weeks. Oh ya!! Theres another mission package thing with KrispyKreme doughnuts! missionarypackagemx.com or something like that. Oh and DearElder works here! Hma Allison got like 7 the other day.
        The computers here are lame and can only hold like 2 or 3 pictures so Im going to send you a lot of emails. Im not sure which ones I already sent so might as well send them all! Love you to infinity and beyond!
-Hermana Rebekah Williams

Mom's notes:  DearElder does work but it takes 2 weeks to get there.  It's easier than going through the post office though, so send her a letter!  She will love it!  The website she mentions above is SUPER expensive.  The ones I have used are mydearmissionary.com and mtcmexicocarepackage.com .  They are expensive too, but not as bad.

 the casa
 CCM grounds.  No idea what the B is for but there are water tanks and mountains everywhere with it.  Probably for the school that use to be here.
 metric system
 The best of the Mexican food I have had.  No idea what kind of meat it is but I can tolerate it.  I have no idea what I'm eating the majority of the time.
 P-Day Shenanigans
 Literally a day has not gone by without it pouring rain.
 Earthquake "safety zones" painted all over the campus.
 The map pic!

Hermanas Bittle and Williams

(***UPDATE***)
email to Daddy:
Bummed Im missing out on all the fun!! The CCM president was mission companions with Elder Holland though!! One thing that bugs me though is that people say we are here to be a more "persuasive" missionary. Im not here to try to persuade people. Im not trying to boost the Mormon numbers. Im here to bring people closer to Christ. Hopefully they will end in baptism but Im not here to try to be persuasive!
-Hermana Rebekah Williams
P.S share this with Mom! I forgot to tell her about this stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment