Tuesday, April 7, 2015

March 30, 2015

Hello from Walla Walla!
     
        I survived the transfer! Its a miracle! If I last this transfer, it will be like twice as long as I have ever spent in an area! Kinda sad... but its awesome here! We had to say good bye to some pretty awesome missionaries here though! Sister M got transferred to the 2nd greatest area in the mission! Wenatchee! She's English though... so its not as sweet. She's only been out a transfer longer than me.

      A sister serving in the mission office had surgery this week and requested the mission fast for her so we all fasted on Wednesday. So of course we were all starving, and we didn't have a dinner! But! we were suppose to have a lesson with a less active on Friday. He called us on Wednesday and said "Sisters, do you have a dinner tonight?" and we said no then he said "Well, my uncle is here and we are having a BBQ, and you are invited!"... MIRACLE!!!! So we went over, and there was only 5 of us: Sis B and I, a member, the less active, and his uncle (who didn't eat at all!) so really there was only 4 of us. We get there and he uncovers a giant bowl of chicken, another giant bowl of ribs, a bowl of different ribs, a giant bowl of hot dogs, potato salad, and an entire slice watermelon! (They are Polynesian so of course there is going to be a ton of food!) We were so stuffed then he was like "Eat more ribs sisters!" So we had to because we didn't want to offend him then he gives us giant bowls of ice cream because it "fills in the cracks" (of which, I'm not complaining) so ya, we didn't go away hungry!

      Later that night, we were knocking. We saw that there was a lady sitting at the kitchen table, but she didn't move when we knocked, so we knocked harder. Finally, a little kid opened the door. We asked if his mom was home and he ran to get her. We started talking and she just looked super confused and was like "Me no speak English..." so of course I got super excited and started babbling in spanish! Yay spanish lesson! Her name was Luz which means 'light' in English! That made my day :) even more than the food! The next day, we were knocking (as usual) and this lady opened the door, same thing 'Me no speak English..." So I started speaking spanish again, then she starts Bible-bashing me! Turns out, she is a Jehovah Witness missionary who was teaching her little girl when we knocked on the door. Since it was all spanish, I got to deal with the Bible-bashing all by myself. So eventually, when it started to get a little too heated, I said "I don't want to fight with you. Is there anything we can do for you before we leave?" then walked away. I like Luz better...

      I love Easter time! And General Conference time! It's so exciting! And the "Because He Lives" video! Its so good! The General Womans Broadcast was also so good! I just love to church so much! I hope everyone has a fantabulous Easter and remembers the true reason behind it. Our Savior and what He did so we can return home. Have a great week!

Con Amor,
Hermana Rebekah Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment